ICSU is staffed with a full-time Guidance Counselor, who provides a variety of services for students in Grades 6 - 12.
Some duties of the guidance office are:
- Meet with students to provide information about colleges and career choices.
- Scheduling classes for each student, ensuring that each student is selecting courses that meet graduation requirements, challenge yet do not overwhelm the student, and prepare the student to pursue the post-secondary education of his or her choice.
- Providing college preparation for juniors and seniors through the use of the College Board’s College Education program.
- Administering the PSAT/NMSQT to all sophomores and juniors each fall.
- Supervision of SAT I and II testing services at ICSU in November and May each school year.
Helpful Links for Students & Parents:
- Number 2 - Free SAT Prep Tests
- Study Guide Zone - Free SAT Prep Study Guides
- Free SAT 1 Prep - Helpful SAT Preparation
- Test Prep Review - Free Information for Preparing for SAT tests
- Princeton Review - Free Practice Tests
- SAT Prep Help
- University and College Admissions
- US Applications
- UK Applications
- Canadian Applications
- Australian Applications
- Global College Search
- University of Illinois Rankings - Claimed to be the best by independent reviewers
- Hispanic Magazine - Best rankings of top 25 Universities for Latinos’
- US News & World Report - Comprehensive Guides to US Colleges & Universities - subscription required for full reports